Content can consist of photos, videos, articles and blog posts. The content must be easily accessible from a single, simple URL that can be shared or clicked on in a browser.
ALL ITEMS MUST CONTAIN A PHOTO
Yes, even videos.
The content you find on the web, should be oriented to advising, educating or helping the traveler learn about the destination. As you curate the content, you should feel a sense of satisfaction or accomplishment after reading it.
The content should describe the destination you are curating. Example, if you are curating content for 'New York City', the content should be referring to New York City, not Long Island, Connecticut or other nearby cities.
There is a strict policy against curating content that promotes any third party product or service by another travel or tour company
Articles & Blog Posts
- Do not curate pages that are merely lists of other pages (e.g. archive pages or home pages)
- Blogs or Articles should have 500 words or more.
- Do not curate news articles
- Only curate articles or blog posts that describe activities, behavior or desirability of the destination
- GOOD: http://www.kohsamui.com/waterfalls/
- GOOD: http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/in-t...
- BAD: http://www.agoda.com/city/samui-th.html (commercial)
- BAD: http://www.kohsamui.com/ (home page)
- Only include photos from 'photo sites' or photo blogs.
- Your ratio of photos should be 5 articles to 1 photo.
- Photos should be large, easy to view and accessible on a mobile device.
- No adult or salacious photos are permitted.
- GOOD: https://www.flickr.com/photos/eleganthac...
- BAD: https://www.flickr.com/photos/7918019... (commercial and photo too small)
- Include videos from any site that meet our content criteria
- Do not include videos that are slideshows
- No adult or salacious videos are permitted
- GOOD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD8k8nAaeZQ
- BAD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOrKMa_VLk&list=PLoYiY3icLE2rqnA3iGzKErbkj-GVAj2kp (commercial)